[Openstack-operators] [nova] Obtaining nova settings at runtime

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 16:31:00 UTC 2017

On 6/14/2017 10:57 AM, Carlos Konstanski wrote:
> Is there a way to obtain nova configuration settings at runtime without
> resorting to SSHing onto the compute host and greping nova.conf? For
> instance a CLI call? At the moment I'm looking at cpu_allocation_ratio
> and ram_allocation_ratio. There may be more along this vein.
>
> Alles Gute,
> Carlos Konstanski

No there isn't.

For the specific case you're looking for though, you could use the
Placement REST API:

http://docs-draft.openstack.org/32/470932/5/check/gate-placement-api-ref-nv/771f604//placement-api-ref/build/html/?expanded=show-resource-provider-detail,show-resource-provider-inventory-detail

Using ^ you could get the VCPU resource class inventory allocation ratio
for a given resource provider, where an example of a resource provider
is a compute node.

For a compute node resource provider, the uuid is the same as the
compute_nodes.uuid field and the name is the
compute_nodes.hypervisor_hostname field.

Note that we don't expose compute node uuids out of the compute REST API
yet, but I'm working on that here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/471899/

Matt