[Openstack-operators] gnocchi api bind address and port on ocata centos 7

Ignazio Cassano ignaziocassano at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 10:41:13 UTC 2017

Hello All,
I am trying to configure ocata with gnocchi on a cluster environment on
centos 7 controllers.
If I not modify /usr/lib/systemd/system/openstack-gnocchi-api.service,
gnocchi
try to bind on port 8000.
If I want to bind on port 8041 I must modify
/usr/lib/systemd/system/openstack-gnocchi-api.service, gnocchi as follows:
[Unit]
Description=OpenStack ceilometer API service
After=syslog.target network.target

[Service]
Type=simple
User=gnocchi
ExecStart=/usr/bin/gnocchi-api --port 8041 -- --logfile
/var/log/gnocchi/api.log
Restart=on-failure

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Anycase it listens on all server interfaces while I want it only on one
interface (internal api or management interface).

I tryed to modify /etc/gnocchi/gnocchi.conf as follows:

[api]
port = 8041
host = myadress

but it does non work.