[Openstack-operators] Mitaka and gnocchi

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Thu Jun 1 18:48:09 UTC 2017

On 01/06/17 01:21 PM, mate200 at mailbox.org wrote:

> Batch setting works like a charm ! I don't see any errors in ceilometer-collector log.
> However, gnocchi-api runs like one process with two threads and uwsgi I run like two proccess with ten threads.
> It seems strange for me that uwsgi cannot handle that amount of data and gnocchi-api can, anyway Gordon thank you once
> again ! I owe you a beer )))

threading in uwsgi+gnocchi arguably does nothing (or at least last i
tried it did nothing... regardless, threading in python is not always
what you hope/expect). you'll want to play with that to see if it
actually does anything. for example, in my environment i have 32
processes and 1 thread. regarding diff between uwsgi and gnocchi-api, i
don't have the technical knowledge for that, you'll probably want to ask
on openstack-dev list because the smart devs tend to read only that.

i can't say no to a beer :)

cheers,

--
gord