[Openstack-operators] UDP Buffer Filling

John Petrini jpetrini at coredial.com
Thu Jul 27 15:49:56 UTC 2017

Hi List,

We are running Mitaka with VLAN provider networking. We've recently
encountered a problem where the UDP receive queue on instances is filling
up and we begin dropping packets. Moving instances out of OpenStack onto
bare metal resolves the issue completely.

These instances are running asterisk which should be pulling these packets
off the queue but it appears to be falling behind no matter the resources
we give it.

We can't seem to pin down a reason why we would see this behavior in KVM
but not on metal. I'm hoping someone on the list might have some insight or
ideas.

Thank You,

John