[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev] [keystone] deprecating and removing tools/sample_data.sh

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Wed Jul 5 21:28:33 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 9:36 PM, Lance Bragstad <lbragstad at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Keystone has a script to perform some bootstrapping operations [0]. It's
> not really tested and its purpose has been superseded by using the
> `keystone-manage bootstrap` command. Based on codesearch, only
> openstack/rpm-packaging references the script [1].

It's not exactly superceded by `keystone-manage bootstrap` - in fact it
uses bootstrap as part of its data generation:

https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/82f60fe22c405829f8e5f6576f25cf3663b10f73/tools/sample_data.sh#L97

> Is anyone opposed to the removal of this script in favor of more
> supported and tested bootstrapping methods?

I haven't used this script in a while but I have found value in it in the
past. It would be great if it or something like it was gate tested.

Colleen