[Openstack-operators] Operator Mid-cycle Moderator

Melvin Hillsman mrhillsman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 01:03:59 UTC 2017

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for signing up to be moderators at the upcoming Operator
Mid-cycle. I am sending this not only to you but to the ML at large in
hopes that we get additional volunteers.

Community:

Please sign up if you are interested using the following etherpad -
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/MIL-ops-meetup

And there is still time to suggest additional sessions and +1 or -1
existing sessions. Also remember that you do not have to be in attendance
to have a voice here. We welcome you to participate in shaping the agenda
even though you may not physically attend.

Current Volunteer Moderators:

What I learned after moderating my first session is that you have to
continuously prod folks to discuss the current topic and after a moment or
two the conversation will take on a life of its own; so should be pretty
easy, especially if you just hand folks the mic (emagana). We have a
moderation guide as well to assist you - https://wiki.openstack.org/wik
i/Operations/Meetups#Moderators_Guide

What I hope to accomplish with this email is that you 1) respond back
confirming that you will or will not attend the mid-cycle, and 2) begin
looking at the sessions <https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/MIL-ops-meetup>
and brainstorm what the summaries for the sessions you are thinking about
moderating should look like.

You will want to think about primarily what the session will cover and the
expected outcomes or success criteria; which can be as simple as providing
at least 3 actionable items to those users/developers/projects/teams/groups/etc
impacted by the session.

Once we have a somewhat finalized agenda, I will send a follow up email so
we can work to round out the summaries and get them out to the community.

Thank you so much for your time.

--
Kind regards,

Melvin Hillsman
Ops Technical Lead
OpenStack Innovation Center

mrhillsman at gmail.com
phone: (210) 312-1267
mobile: (210) 413-1659
http://osic.org

Learner | Ideation | Belief | Responsibility | Command