[Openstack-operators] What would you like in Pike?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jan 16 17:03:02 UTC 2017

On 1/12/2017 7:30 PM, Melvin Hillsman wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>

> I am hoping to get a dialogue started to gain some insight around things
> Operators, Application Developers, and End Users would like to see
> happen in Pike. If you had a dedicated environment, dedicated team, and
> freedom to choose how you deployed, new features, older features,
> enhancements, etc, and were not required to deal with customer/client
> tickets, calls, and maintenances, could keep a good feedback loop
> between your team and the upstream community of any project, what would
> like to make happen or work on hoping the next release of OpenStack
> had/included/changed/enhanced/removed…?

I just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread. I often wonder
what people would like to see the Nova team prioritize because we don't
get input from the product work group or Foundation really on big ticket
items so we're generally left to prioritizing work on our own each release.

Matt Riedemann