[Openstack-operators] Ironic with top-rack switches management

Dan Sneddon dsneddon at redhat.com
Tue Jan 3 22:33:04 UTC 2017

I wouldn't say it's ready for prime time, but much of the work was done
in Newton and some are merged in master and a few patches are still in
progress. One thing that remains to be done is to test with a variety
of makes/models of switches.

You can see the progress of the whole set of patches here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1526403

Snapshot support for Ironic instances is still a wishlist feature:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mos/+bug/1552348

I think the closest you could get at this point might be to use
Cinder-backed boot volumes for your Ironic nodes. That would have
impacts on performance and network traffic. You could get snapshots
for just data by using Cinder volumes for non-boot mount points.

--
Dan Sneddon         |  Senior Principal OpenStack Engineer
dsneddon at redhat.com |  redhat.com/openstack