[Openstack-operators] [openstack] Unable to launch an instance

Kris G. Lindgren klindgren at godaddy.com
Tue Feb 28 18:54:04 UTC 2017

You should look at the compute node and the scheduler for actual error logs as said below.

 But one things I see is that you are using qcow2 images, but have disk in your flavor set to zero.  Seems like the problem is that your image is larger than the virtual disk that you are creating via your flavor.  Does booting a VM using a default flavor work?

Kris Lindgren
Senior Linux Systems Engineer
GoDaddy

On 2/28/17, 11:26 AM, "Mikhail Medvedev" <mihailmed at gmail.com> wrote:

    On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 11:49 AM, Amit Kumar <ebiibe82 at gmail.com> wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have installed Openstack Newton using Openstack-Ansible. While creating an
    > instance, it is failing with following error:
    >
    > MessageNo valid host was found. There are not enough hosts

    The "not enough hosts" could be due to any number of reasons. To know
    exactly why, check your /var/log/nova/nova-scheduler.log on
    controller. The error means that nova scheduler was not able to find
    any suitable hosts to boot the VM. It could be for example because you
    are using a flavor that does not fit, or because your compute node
    appears dead to controller. In any case, nova scheduler log should
    make it a bit clearer.