[Openstack-operators] status of encrypted volumes in RBDDriver (Cinder)

Evan Bollig PhD boll0107 at umn.edu
Tue Feb 28 16:47:53 UTC 2017

Does anyone have LUKS encrypted volumes running on Ceph RBD? I have
not found any recent (2017) updates on whether this is functional.
>From what I understand, it was waiting for the release of QEMU 2.6.0
(which is out now).

If functional, what major/minor version of cinder is needed?

Any updates on ephemeral storage encryption for RBD backed VMs?

I see examples of encrypted OSD pools, registered as a cinder type
with the name "encrypted", but this is not the same as having the
front-end encrypted attribute.

Cheers,
-E

--
Evan F. Bollig, PhD
Scientific Computing Consultant, Application Developer | Scientific