[Openstack-operators] Policy Updates

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 14:40:25 UTC 2017

On 2/23/2017 3:20 PM, David Medberry wrote:
> and the 'nova-policy' command was introduced at the same time....
> finally found the right release notes:
>
> ref: https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/nova/newton.html
>
> The nova-policy command line is implemented as a tool to experience the
> under-development feature policy discovery. User can input the
> credentials infomation and the instance info, the tool will return a
> list of API which can be allowed to invoke. There isn’t any contract for
> the interface of the tool due to the feature still under-development.
>
> and
>
> The API policy defaults are now defined in code like configuration
> options. Because of this, the sample policy.json file that is shipped
> with Nova is empty and should only be necessary if you want to override
> the API policy from the defaults in the code. To generate the policy
> file you can run:
>
> oslopolicy-sample-generator --config-file=etc/nova/nova-policy-generator.conf

Yeah this happened in Newton, here is the spec [1].

The default policy is built into the docs [2] (note that is the policy
from current master).

The various policy specs John Garbutt is proposing, which we talked
about at the PTG, are linked here [3].

[1]
https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/newton/implemented/policy-in-code.html
[2] https://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/sample_policy.html