[Openstack-operators] [osops][osops-tools-monitoring] Updates for monitoring plugins

Major Hayden major at mhtx.net
Mon Feb 20 17:00:35 UTC 2017

Hey there,

During the PTG, one of the discussions in the OpenStack-Ansible room was around adding a monitoring component to OSA.  I found the 'osops-tools-monitoring' repository today.

The idea we discussed was around writing plugins using the OpenStack SDK and then adding a simple library that outputs data based on the monitoring tools in use (like Nagios, Telegraf, etc).  That would allow us to break apart the gathering of the metric (like checking Keystone's API response time) and the output of the metric (in the proper format for the tool).

Would that work make sense within this repo or in a different one?  Thanks!

--
Major Hayden