[Openstack-operators] help: Multiple external networks with a single L3 agent

Gaurav Goyal er.gauravgoyal at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 01:29:26 UTC 2017

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your response!

Can you please verify my configuration and suggest me for any change if
required.

should i do following changes   in my existing configuration?

flat_networks = *
bridge_mappings = external:br-ex,external1:br-ex1
ovs-vsctl add-br br-ex1
ovs-vsctl add-port br-ex *p5p3*

* - - /etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2_conf.ini file and complete the following
actions:1. 12345[ml2]...type_drivers =
flat,vlan,gre,vxlantenant_network_types = gremechanism_drivers =
openvswitch2. In the [ml2_type_flat]  123[ml2_type_flat]...flat_networks =
external3. In the [ml2_type_gre] section,
123[ml2_type_gre]...tunnel_id_ranges = 1:1000 -
 /etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/openvswitch_agent.ini [root at OSKVM1 ml2]# grep -v
^# openvswitch_agent.ini|grep -v ^$[ovs] local_ip = 10.24.0.4
bridge_mappings = external:br-ex [agent] tunnel_types = gre - To configure
the Layer-3 (L3) agentThe Layer-3 (L3) agent
<http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/yum/content/neutron-network-node.html>
provides
routing services for virtual networks.-  /etc/neutron/l3_agent.ini file 1.
In the [DEFAULT] section,  12345[DEFAULT]...interface_driver =
neutron.agent.linux.interface.OVSInterfaceDriverexternal_network_bridge
=router_delete_namespaces = True NoteThe external_network_bridge option
intentionally lacks a value to enable multiple external networks on a
single agent.To configure the DHCP agentThe DHCP agent
<http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/yum/content/neutron-network-node.html>
provides
DHCP services for virtual networks. 1.  /etc/neutron/dhcp_agent.ini file1.
In the [DEFAULT] section,  12345[DEFAULT]...interface_driver =
neutron.agent.linux.interface.OVSInterfaceDriverdhcp_driver =
neutron.agent.linux.dhcp.Dnsmasqdhcp_delete_namespaces = True 1.
 /etc/neutron/dhcp_agent.ini file 1. In the [DEFAULT] section,
123[DEFAULT]...dnsmasq_config_file = /etc/neutron/dnsmasq-neutron.conf2.
Created  /etc/neutron/dnsmasq-neutron.conf file and complete the following
action:1. Enable the DHCP MTU option (26) and configure it to 1454 bytes:
1dhcp-option-force=26,1454To configure the metadata agentThe metadata agent
<http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/yum/content/neutron-network-node.html>
provides
configuration information such as credentials to instances. 1.
 /etc/neutron/metadata_agent.ini file 1. In the [DEFAULT] section,
1234567891011[DEFAULT]...auth_uri = http://controller:5000auth_url =
http://controller:35357auth_region = RegionOneauth_plugin =
passwordproject_domain_id = defaultuser_domain_id = defaultproject_name =
serviceusername = neutronpassword = NEUTRON_PASS In the [DEFAULT] section,
configure the metadata host: 2. 123[DEFAULT]...nova_metadata_ip
= controller3. 4. In the [DEFAULT] section, configure the metadata proxy
shared secret: 123[DEFAULT]...metadata_proxy_shared_secret
= METADATA_SECRET 1. Add the external bridge:2. # ovs-vsctl add-br br-ex3.
Add a port to the external bridge that connects to the physical external
network interface:Replace INTERFACE_NAME with the actual interface name.
For example, eth2 or ens256.# ovs-vsctl add-port br-ex p5p2RegardsGaurav
Goyal*