[Openstack-operators] [User-committee] User Committee Election

Matt Van Winkle mvanwink at rackspace.com
Sat Feb 11 04:29:24 UTC 2017

Correction of one small typo

From: Matt Van Winkle <mvanwink at rackspace.com>
Date: Friday, February 10, 2017 at 10:11 PM

Greetings!

The time for our very first User Committee election is almost upon us.  In case you are unaware, there were recent changes – approved by the Board of Directors – that allowed for the expansion of the UC from 3 to 5 members and a move to elected positions.  Monday morning UTC, February 13th, notifications will go out to all community members with the AUC designation.  The poll will stay open till 23:59 UTC on Friday, February 17th.

This election, members will be voting on two additional seats for the UC.  We have a pool of five vetted candidates:

Yih Leong Sun
Maish Saidel-Keesing
Christopher Aedo
Shamail Tahir
Melvin Hillsman

We encourage all AUC members to participate in order to maintain a strong and active UC.  Many thanks to the current Committee and many other community members who have worked very hard over the last couple of years to implement the AUC process, develop the new structure and obtain all the necessary approval and by-laws changes to make it a reality.  For information on the new UC approach, the details of the AUC designation or any other questions around this area of OpenStack governance, you may refer to the charter online [1]

If you have any other election related questions, you may reach out directly to the election inspectors – Matt Van Winkle (vw at rackspace.com)<mailto:vw at rackspace.com)> or Matt Jarvis (matt at mattjarvis.org.uk)<mailto:matt at mattjarvis.org.uk)> with any questions.

Thank you all, and happy voting!
Matt and Matt

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/uc/reference/charter.html