[Openstack-operators] neutron-server high cpu usage

David Riedl david.riedl at wingcon.com
Fri Feb 10 15:42:54 UTC 2017

Turns out Mitaka doesn't really like it when there is an ip address on
the linuxbridge interface and the neutron-linuxbridge-agent goes
absolutely bonkers as a result. (It worked like this for 3 releases though)

Regards

David

Am 10.02.2017 um 11:21 schrieb Kevin Benton:
> Does it calm down if you stop the agents? If so, check the agent logs
> for exceptions because one may be stuck in a sync loop because it's
> encountering an error.
>
> If you still don't see anything, try reducing the report interval for
> the agents (and increase agent_down_time on the server accordingly)
> and see if that helps.
>

> On Feb 10, 2017 03:15, "David Riedl" <david.riedl at wingcon.com
> <mailto:david.riedl at wingcon.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello Everyone,
>
>     I just upgraded my Openstack Installation from Liberty to Mitaka.
>     It is a pretty small cluster with only 3 nodes.
>
>     Since the upgrade, the neutron-server on my control node produces
>     a very high cpu load. Unfortunately the log files throw no errors
>     and google does not give me any answers either, so I am a bit lost.
>
>     This is my neutron.conf
>     http://pastebin.com/cQbgeP4H
>     Please tell me if you need any log files or config files.
>

>     Regards and thanks for any help
>
>     David

David Riedl

IT Systemadministrator
Staatl. gepr. Techniker (IT)
Tel. +49 7543 966-126

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Langenargen
Registergericht: ULM, HRB 734260
USt-Id.: DE232931635, WEEE-Id.: DE74015979
Vorstand: Thomas Ehrle (Vorsitz), Fritz R. Paul, Tobias Treß
Aufsichtsratvorsitzender: Jürgen Maucher