[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev] [nova] Next minimum libvirt version

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Thu Feb 9 23:51:42 UTC 2017

----- Original Message -----

This would also kill off RHEL/CentOS 7.1 support but that would also seem to be OK at this point.

> There is also the distro support wiki [1] which hasn't been updated in
> awhile.

I've added the details I have for Fedora 25 and RHEL/CentOS 7.3, TL;DR:

Fedora 25:
Libvirt 2.2.0
Qemu 2.7.1
Libguestfs 1.34.3

RHEL 7.3:
Libvirt 2.0.0
Qemu 2.6.0
Libguestfs 1.32.7

> I'm wondering if 1.2.9 is a safe move for the next required minimum
> version and if so, does anyone have ideas on the next required version
> after that?
>
> I'm hoping some of the Red Hat people can chime in here.

I just play someone intelligent on TV so adding Sahid and Vladik who might be better placed to comment in Dan's absence.

Thanks,

Steve

--
Steve Gordon,