[Openstack-operators] How DHCP works in VIO/NSX setup

khansa A. Mohamed khansaa.abdalla at outlook.com
Sat Feb 4 10:27:36 UTC 2017

Hello all ,,

Can someone explain /show me  how DHCP works in a VIO/NSX setup?

I  have successfully Deploy VIO with NSX  ,

When I  deploy a new instance e.g CentOS VM the dashboard shows an IP allocated but when I console onto the VM and run ifconfig it's not  showing any IP configured.

I have checked that the Networks i have created with the Openstack dashboard have DHCP enabled

I have attempted to run a dhcpclient request from the console of the VM but it doesnt get any response.

Which one of VMs that VIO deploys is serving  as the DHCP server ?

Thanks in advance ,,