[Openstack-operators] [OpenStack][Ceph][Manila]

Amit Kumar ebiibe82 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 12:35:29 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I have installed Ocata and configured Ceph storage cluster for shared file
system. I am able to mount a share created by Manila service, on a VM as
specified in following link:

https://docs.openstack.org/manila/ocata/devref/cephfs_native_driver.html

Problem is that I am only able to mount the share with ceph-fuse client
only, and when I am trying to mount it using ceph kernel client as follows:
*mount.ceph
192.168.121.110:6789:/volumes/_nogroup/f7ab60c0-cd28-4904-afd9-6da8057d1125
./mycephfs -o name=abc,secretfile=abc.secret*

I am getting the following error:
mount error 13 = Permission denied

Please suggest if anybody has also observed the same problem and let me
know there is any solution to this.

Regards,
Amit