[Openstack-operators] Access to external resources from (and to) VM instances without NAT/Floating IP

Andrea Franceschini andrea.franceschini.rm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 09:09:46 UTC 2017

Hello Sean,

thank you for taking time answering me :)

The only thing that bugs me following this approch is that this way
you have to make sure that all VMs in your tenants are "routable"
up  to the NATed instance.

While I would like to give the freedom to the tenant's user to put up
any type of network topology without the constraint to have every
VM reach at least the proxy instance.

For example I couldn't  make back to back like configurations or put
more than one router in the topology (e.g. double Front-end sharing
the same backend).

I wouldn't be nice if every VM, in spite of its position in network topology
could enjoy 'at infrastructural level' of some basic services  (ssh/http poxy)?

The same way they already do for dnsmasq services (DNS, DHCP) or
metadata?

Thanks,

Andrea,