[Openstack-operators] Instances not getting DHCP Lease

Divneet Singh divneetsingh.ml at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 17:55:30 UTC 2017

I realize this is a common question , and I've looked through more than a
couple of links , s, but I'm afraid I'm new enough to OpenStack that I
wasn't able to make sense of many of the replies and was unable to solve my
problem after searching.
I have a multi-node deployment with one controller/network node and one
compute node. When I create a cirros image on the Compute node, I see in
the Horizon interface that a DHCP address is assigned, but when I run
ifconfig in the VNC console on the Horizon dashboard, I see the instance
has no IP address

Can anyone suggest possible fixes? As I said, I'm pretty new to OpenStack.
I'm sure that I haven't provided all of the information needed to solve
this problem; if someone could tell me what further information would be
useful.

Thanks !