[Openstack-operators] regression testing before upgrade (operators view)

George Shuklin george.shuklin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 14:01:59 UTC 2017

Hello.

Thank you for reply.

In those days I've tested tempest and rally. I found rally more suited
for my goals. Insofar I'd like to admit that it's too overloaded and
when I start poking around I quickly stuck with 'verify' mode, which in
turn stuck in our neutron configuration (we have no tenant-allocated
networks, only public ones).

But after I found rally task start, and mangled samples a bit to fit to
our needs, it really, really extremely close to what we want to have. I
was disappointed by Ubuntu packaging (as usual) - their rally package
broken and does not create any entry points at all. It worked much
better in venv environment.

Probably I'll try to combine jenkins, grafana, kibana and rally
together, may be even for periodic service validation.

Thank you for advice.