[Openstack-operators] [nfv-telecom] Suspending meetings while we consider moving to being a sub group in LCOO

Curtis serverascode at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 15:49:20 UTC 2017

Hi All,

We've been having NFV-Telecom meetings for OpenStack Operators for a
while now, but never quite reached a tipping point in terms of
attendance to "get things done" so to speak.

The point of the group had been to find OpenStack Operators who are
tasked with designing/operating NFV deployments and help them, but
were never really able to surface enough of us to move forward. I want
to be super clear that this group was for OpenStack Operators, and
isn't a comment on any other NFV related groups in and around
OpenStack...simply just people like me who deploy NFV clouds based on
OpenStack.

We are currently considering moving to be a subgroup in LCOO, but
that's just one idea. In the future, if we can surface more OpenStack
Operators doing NFV work maybe we revisit.

If anyone has strong feelings around this, please do reply and let me
know of any ideas/comments/criticism, otherwise we'll probably move to
discussing with LCOO.

Thanks to all those who attended meetings in the past, it's much appreciated,
Curtis.