[Openstack-operators] [OpenStack-docs] [doc] Operations Guide removal

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Aug 10 12:37:01 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Yuki Kasuya's message of 2017-08-10 17:09:48 +0900:

> I tried to convert all docs under ops-guide dir using pandoc. Like
> below, toctree,term and some directives doesn't work after converting.
> But, at glance, almost fine after converting.
> If you don't mind, I'll able to create wiki pages of ops-guide.
>
> xxx at devstack02:~/work/openstack-manuals/doc/ops-guide/source$ pandoc
> index.rst -t mediawiki -o index
> .wiki
> pandoc: ignoring unknown directive: toctree "source" (line 58, column 1)
> pandoc: ignoring unknown role :term: in "source" (line 20, column 13)
> pandoc: ignoring unknown role :term: in "source" (line 19, column 59)

It should be safe to ignore the toctree directives. If you want to keep
the same structure between the wiki pages and the original source
document, you might want to replace those with lists of links.

The term role automatically links to the glossary. As long as the text
highlighted by the role is present in the output, it is fine to ignore
that warning, too.

Doug