[Openstack-operators] [cinder][stable] Reverting the deprecation notice: Cinder Driver for NetApp E-Series

Ravi, Goutham Goutham.PachaRavi at netapp.com
Fri Aug 4 15:40:13 UTC 2017

Developers and Operators,

NetApp had prior provided notification [1] in accordance with community policy [2] of an intention to deprecate the iSCSI and FC Cinder drivers for NetApp E/EF-Series systems [3].  The community notification issued had the effect of introducing us to and engendering discussion with deployers (and those with near term plans to become deployers) indicating the importance of continued support for E/EF-series systems beyond the Pike release.   We hadn’t been prior familiar with many of these folks and greatly appreciate their having shared their perspective.

We’re pleased to announce that we’ve reconsidered our approach based on this new information.

Our intention with this mail is to revoke [3] the deprecation notice indicated in April 2017 and to continue to support E/EF-series systems.  As such, we do not intend to remove these drivers during the Queens or for the foreseeable future.

Any Cinder E-series current or prospective deployers are encouraged to get in touch with NetApp via the community #openstack-netapp IRC channel on freenode or via the #OpenStack Slack channel on http://netapp.io<http://netapp.io/> for any questions.

Thanks,
Goutham Pacha Ravi

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-operators/2017-April/013210.html
[2] https://governance.openstack.org/reference/tags/assert_follows-standard-deprecation.html