[Openstack-operators] [User-committee] [all] Announcement: Public Cloud WG

Tobias Rydberg tobias at citynetwork.se
Fri Aug 4 14:57:54 UTC 2017

With this warm welcome from all, I would like to take the opportunity to briefly mention a couple of things we are currently working on:

In Boston, we had a great success with our “Missing features list for Public Clouds” - a lot of interest, both from public clouds and inside the community. With this list, as the name of it says, we're compiling a definitive record of features that public cloud vendors would like to see in OpenStack today, and what’s needed for them to continue grow their businesses based on OpenStack.

Our process is simple: convert these feature requests into specs, and get developers from public cloud providers (and the wider community) to come together and contribute upstream.

We're particularly excited to be working on the “OpenStack Passport” - a "prepaid coupon” system which is valid for any public cloud vendor participating in the scheme. It's early days but please do check our wiki [1] and IRC meeting minutes to follow the progress.

To get the passport scheme kicked off right, we are planning to have two group meetups during the fall before the summit in Sydney. These will be piggybacking on OpenStack days UK (London, September) and Nordics (Copenhagen, October). We'd welcome any ideas, support, advice etc and hope some of you will be able to join us there for whiteboarding/fishbowl sessions.

Once again, thanks a lot for the support!

Regards,
Tobias Rydberg (and all members of the Public Cloud WG)
tobias at citynetwork.se <mailto:tobias at citynetwork.se>

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/PublicCloudWorkingGroup