[Openstack-operators] [puppet] PTL wanted

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Tue Aug 1 17:43:18 UTC 2017

It's an unusual request but we need a new PTL for Queens.
Alex Schultz and I have been leading Puppet OpenStack modules for some
time now and it's time to rotate.
We know you're out there consuming (and contributing) to the modules -
if you want this project to survive, it's time to step-up and give
some help.

Basically, we have enough reviewers for all the patches that come in -
no worries on this side.
What we need is a name to be the official PTL for Queens. The Puppet
OpenStack PTL is responsible of making sure we release on time (Alex
wrote scripts to release modules in one click so no worries) and have
rooms at PTG if needed (we didn't request one for Denver, not sure
we'll need in the future).
We don't have weekly meeting anymore, so really the workload isn't bad at all.

Since I've decided to not step up for PTL during Queens, what's going
to happen is that:
- option 1: Someone volunteers to learn and do it, with the full
support from me and Alex.
- option 2: Alex will step up because he's nice - but it's adding bits
in his (already too busy) buffer.
- option 3: I'll step up, but will make strict minimum to meet
requirements from TC.
- option 4: Set the project in maintenance mode.
- option 5: Remove the project from OpenStack governance.

I hope we can have volunteers in our great community, thanks in advance!
--
Emilien Macchi