[Openstack-operators] [puppet] Warning running low of contributors

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Thu Apr 20 15:24:09 UTC 2017

Hey folks,

So in recent months, we've seen a drop off contributors and reviewers
to the various Puppet OpenStack modules. Additionally with the recent
resignation of a few of our cores, we're getting to a spot where the
modules under the Puppet OpenStack umbrella are becoming dangerously
close to being single-vendor. This means if we don't see any
additional contributors and the single vendor leaves, the modules will
no longer be updated.  I've previously mentioned this in the chef
thread[0] from earlier this year.

If you currently use Puppet to manage your OpenStack systems, please
consider contributing to upstream[1].

Thanks,
-Alex

[0] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-February/112194.html