[Openstack-operators] openstack newton fwaas

Ignazio Cassano ignaziocassano at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 09:44:40 UTC 2017

I all, I am trying to configure fwaas on newton.

I suppose there are some errors in nwtorking guide:

Enable FWaaS v2ΒΆ
<https://docs.openstack.org/newton/networking-guide/fwaas-v2-scenario.html#enable-fwaas-v2>
-

Enable the FWaaS plug-in in the /etc/neutron/neutron.conf file:

service_plugins = firewall_v2[service_providers]...service_provider =
FIREWALL:Iptables:neutron.agent.linux.iptables_firewall.OVSHybridIptablesFirewallDriver:default
[fwaas]driver =
neutron_fwaas.services.firewall.drivers.linux.iptables_fwaas_v2.IptablesFwaasDriverenabled
= True

Note

On Ubuntu, modify the [fwaas] section in the /etc/neutron/fwaas_driver.ini
file instead of /etc/neutron/neutron.conf.
-

Configure the FWaaS plugin for the L3 agent.

In the AGENT section of l3_agent.ini, make sure the FWaaS extension is
loaded:

[AGENT]extensions = fwaas

Edit the FWaaS section in the /etc/neutron/neutron.conf file to indicate
the agent version and driver:

[fwaas]agent_version = v2driver = iptablesenabled = True

- As you can see above, it tells to modify /etc/neutron/neutron.conf two
times .
-
- I am using centos 7 .
- Anyone can help me to configure the fwaas ?
- Must I install the package openstack-neutron-fwaas ?
- Regards
- Ignazio