[Openstack-operators] LTS Dreaming ... [was] Help: Liberty installation guide (English).

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Tue Apr 11 15:50:24 UTC 2017

Riding the LTS tangent train ...

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 03:40:20PM +0000, Kevin Bringard (kevinbri) wrote:

:Chasing trunk just isn’t feasible for larger organizations, and as Edgar mentioned, updating the code every 6 months (or even a year) is a really difficult proposition.
:
:There’s a reason large vendors do LTS releases; it just makes sense.

I agree, but the problem isn't (exactly) not wnating to do LTS is
getting the people power to make it happen.  Existing stable release
resources are already extreamly stretched as I understand it and it's
nto the exciting work that tends to motivate and excite developers to
self motivate.

I'd rather hoped dristos would step up assign people to do this type
of work since it would seem to be in their interest, but they
haven't.  Without some employers assigning paid developer resources to
this I don't see how it can happen.

Any suggestions on how to incentivise this would be great.

-Jon