[Openstack-operators] about the R release name

Melvin Hillsman mrhillsman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 21:44:27 UTC 2017

This cracked me up! "Mountain Dew learned the hard way when 4 Chan took
control of a vote
<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/13/4chan-mountain-dew_n_1773076.html>
to name a new flavor, and the joke was on Taylor Swift and VH1 when the
Internet chose a school for the deaf
<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/02/taylor-swift-horace-mann-school-for-the-deaf-4chan-prank-contest_n_1932257.html>
as a concert location."

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 4:11 PM, Matt Joyce <matt at nycresistor.com> wrote:

> +2
>
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 5:07 PM, Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 04/10/2017 02:10 PM, Amrith Kumar wrote:
>>
>>> The naming is based on community input and there's good reason to
>>> believe that in this round of voting both of these values will get a low
>>> score.
>>>
>>> But, we could have a repeat of the Boaty McBoatface debacle 😊
>>>

>> I would totally vote for OpenStack Boaty McBoatface. Maybe we can switch
>> from place names to names of the form "{foo}y Mc{foo}face" for all releases
>> after Z ...
>>

>> https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/22/world/europe/boaty-mcboat
>>> face-what-you-get-when-you-let-the-internet-decide.html?_r=0
>>>
>>> -amrith
>>>
>>> --
>>> Amrith Kumar
>>> amrith.kumar at gmail.com

Kind regards,

Melvin Hillsman
Ops Technical Lead
OpenStack Innovation Center

mrhillsman at gmail.com
phone: (210) 312-1267
mobile: (210) 413-1659
http://osic.org

Learner | Ideation | Belief | Responsibility | Command