[Openstack-operators] [scientific] Resource reservation requirements (Blazar) - Forum session

Tomáš Vondra vondra at homeatcloud.cz
Tue Apr 4 07:48:10 UTC 2017

Hi!
Did someone mention automation changing the spot instance capacity? I did an article in 2013 that proposes exactly that. The model forecasts the workload curve of the majority traffic, which is presumed to be interactive, and the rest may be used for batch traffic. The forecast used is SARIMA and is usable up to a few days in advance. Would anybody be interested in trying the forecast on data from their cloud?
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.671.7397&rep=rep1&type=pdf¨
Tomas Vondra, dept. of Cybernetics, CTU FEE