[Openstack-operators] Connecting 2 OpenStack clouds

Saverio Proto zioproto at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 07:27:51 UTC 2016

Hello,

If your setup has a single user database, so all users are under the
same administrative domain, what you describe is like having different
Openstack Regions, or different Nova Cells.
I would suggest to look into Multi Region that is the easier to implement.
http://docs.openstack.org/arch-design/multi-site-architecture.html

If your setup has users in the two clouds that are managed under two
different administrative domains, then what you are talking about is
Cloud Federation.

We had a discussion about it in Machester:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/MAN-ops-Keystone-and-Federation

If your university is interested in Federation you should be aware of
this workshop:
https://eventr.geant.org/events/2527

Cheers,

Saverio