[Openstack-operators] Murano in Production

Joe Topjian joe at topjian.net
Sat Sep 17 05:34:18 UTC 2016

Hi all,

We're planning to deploy Murano to one of our OpenStack clouds and I'm
debating the RabbitMQ setup.

For background: the Murano agent that runs on instances requires access to
RabbitMQ. Murano is able to be configured with two RabbitMQ services: one
for traditional OpenStack communication and one for the Murano/Agent
communication.

>From a security/segregation point of view, would vhost separation on our
existing RabbitMQ cluster be sufficient? Or is it recommended to have an
entirely separate cluster?

As you can imagine, I'd like to avoid having to manage *two* RabbitMQ
clusters. :)

Thanks,
Joe