[Openstack-operators] Openstack team size vs's deployment size

Kris G. Lindgren klindgren at godaddy.com
Thu Sep 8 15:52:42 UTC 2016

I completely agree about the general rule of thumb.  I am only looking at the team that specifically supports openstack.  For us frontend support for public clouds is handled by another team/org all together.

So what I am looking at is the people who are in charge of the care/feeding of the openstack system specifically.
Which means: people who do the dev work on openstack, community participation, the integrations work, the capacity monitoring and server additions, the responding to alarms/monitoring around openstack, the POC of new features.  Any automation work specifically around openstack.  Any testing specifically done against openstack.

For us we have both private and public clouds in 4 different regions.
We try to maintain either N or N-1 release cadence.
We build our own packages.
We have lots of existing legacy systems that we need to integrate with.
We have a number of local patches that we carry (the majority around cellsv1).

So given that would you be willing to share your compute node/engineer ratio?

Kris Lindgren
Senior Linux Systems Engineer
GoDaddy