[Openstack-operators] User gets: Requested volume exceeds quota, with 8 volumes in Dashboard

William Josefsson william.josefson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 14:30:17 UTC 2016

Hi,

When I create projects with quotas configured, e.g. number volumes 8, and
try to provision a VM, I get:

*The requested instance cannot be launched. Requested volume exceeds quota:
Available: 0, Requested: 1.*

Does anyone know how to fix this? The project clearly has 8 volumes
configured in the Quotas so I'm not sure why this pops up during 'Launch an
instance'.

If I use the same user, from CLI, it works to create volumes. From Horizon
it fails.

I'm using a user created with user role on the project and am on
Liberty/CentOS7

It seems to me it is a bug in horizon, but I may be wrong. If I click all
the way to the project's quota's and edit, then click Save without any
changes, then it somehow works. There seems to be ACL gap in the GUI/DB?

Please advice! thx will