[Openstack-operators] Error on sync keystone to mysql db

chen fengyan1732 at sina.com
Wed Sep 7 08:23:54 UTC 2016

Hi Saverio & Ryan,
I reset my keystone password, now it can be connected. Great thanks for your
help.
But It reports another error below:
<http://openstack.10931.n7.nabble.com/file/n118681/QQ20160907172057.png>

I try to change the mariaDB default code format:
#vi /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-client.cnf
#vi /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-mysql-client.cnf
#vi /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-server.cnf

modify all utf8mb4 -> utf8, then restart mysql service.

Then login mariaDB and show the code:
#mysql -u root -p
MariaDB [(none)]> show variables like "%char%";
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| Variable_name            | Value                      |
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| character_set_client     | utf8                       |
| character_set_connection | utf8                       |
| character_set_database   | utf8                       |
| character_set_filesystem | binary                     |
| character_set_results    | utf8                       |
| character_set_server     | utf8                       |
| character_set_system     | utf8                       |
| character_sets_dir       | /usr/share/mysql/charsets/ |
8 rows in set (0.00 sec)

But the issue still exists.
How can I fix this?