[Openstack-operators] Delete cinder service

Arne Wiebalck Arne.Wiebalck at cern.ch
Fri Sep 2 12:50:27 UTC 2016

On 02 Sep 2016, at 11:50, Nick Jones <nick.jones at datacentred.co.uk<mailto:nick.jones at datacentred.co.uk>> wrote:

On 2 Sep 2016, at 9:28, William Josefsson wrote:

[..]

Is there any cleanup of volumes entries with deleted=1, or is it
normal these old entries lay around? thx will

There’s a timely blog post from Matt Fischer on exactly that subject:

http://www.mattfischer.com/blog/?p=744

His comment regarding the Cinder DB suggests that this process was broken in Liberty, however.  Would be good to have confirmation that it’s been rectified in Mitaka.

We actually did try it on Mitaka on a copy of our DB and ran into this one:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1489523 (filed by Matt, btw :-)

We filed a patch, but this will only come with Newton from what I see.

Cheers,
 Arne

--
Arne Wiebalck