[Openstack-operators] Delete cinder service

Kevin Bringard (kevinbri) kevinbri at cisco.com
Thu Sep 1 16:05:11 UTC 2016

On 9/1/16, 9:51 AM, "Nick Jones" <nick.jones at datacentred.co.uk> wrote:

    On 1 Sep 2016, at 15:36, Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:

    > On Thu, Sep 01, 2016 at 04:25:25PM +0300, Vladimir Prokofev wrote:
    > :I've used direct database update to achive this in Mitaka:
    > :use cinder;
    > :update services set deleted = '1' where <your service parameters>;
    >

    > I belive the official way is:
    >
    > cinder-manage service remove <binary> <host>
    >
    > Which probably more or less does the same thing...

    Yep.  Both options basically require direct interaction with the
    database as opposed to via a Cinder API call, but at least with
    cinder-manage the scope for making a mistake is far more limited than
    missing some qualifying clause off an UPDATE statement (limit 1 is your
    friend!) ;)

Similarly, I do the query as a SELECT first to make sure it’s only returning the record(s) I want before issuing the UPDATE.

    —

    -Nick

    --
    DataCentred Limited registered in England and Wales no. 05611763