[Openstack-operators] [Puppet][Neutron] Mitaka ML2/OVS config file mismatch

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Thu Sep 1 14:32:13 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 01, 2016 at 01:50:40PM +0200, Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:

:ml2_conf.ini is to be loaded by neutron-server only. The agent should
:not load it, instead relying on openvswitch_agent.ini file for
:anything agent specific. If for some reason puppet does put agent
:configuration options into ml2_conf.ini, it does it wrong.

I've been wondering what the intended distiction between those conf
files was since ml2 came out thanks...

Given your email address I doubt you'll have much sympathy for this :)
but Ubuntu previously (as of Kilo at least I don't have a Liberty to
look at right now) seems to have used ml2_conf.ini for both in their
packaged start up files.

-Jon