[Openstack-operators] 2017 Openstack Operators Mid-Cycle Meetups - venue selection etherpads

Edgar Magana edgar.magana at workday.com
Mon Oct 31 17:24:52 UTC 2016

Hello,

The PTG is for developers to work on items needed for the release and to get together in person to discuss any open topics that they could not resolved during the IRC meetings.
The Forum which is at the same week and place that the OpenStack Conference (for instance the next one in Boston) will provide the opportunity to provide direct feedback to the developers on the latest release and features for each project.

More details here:
https://www.openstack.org/ptg/

This is why we still need to have the Ops mid-cycle Meet-up. This is discussed and clarified during the Ops session in BCN.

Now, when I mentioned above “PTG is for developers” I do not want to exclude anyone. If you feel like attending the PTG I am pretty sure you will be welcome as long as the space is large enough for the ATC members.
BTW. When we compare last time the number of AUCs that are also ATC we found that a total of 38% are both.

Thanks,

Edgar

On 10/27/16, 5:31 AM, "Matthias Runge" <mrunge at redhat.com> wrote:

    On 27/10/16 11:08, Erik McCormick wrote:
    > The PTG is for devs to get together and get real work done. We would be
    > a distraction from that goal. They will also be attending the forum
    > which will run with the summits and will be able to spend more time in
    > groups with ops for requirements gathering and such.
    >
    > -Erik
    >

    > On Oct 27, 2016 11:05 AM, "Jesse Keating" <omgjlk at us.ibm.com
    > <mailto:omgjlk at us.ibm.com>> wrote:
    >
    >     I may have missed something, but why aren't we meeting at the
    >     Project Technical Gathering, which is at the end of February in Atlanta?

    From my experience with OpenStack, feedback from operators have been
    invaluable.

    You can easily run things in devstack (or all-in-one deployments), but
    this is completely different from running in scale. Operators do tell
    you, were the pain-points are. Having a dedicated gathering without
    involving actual operators/users is not that useful IMO.

    Matthias
    --
    Matthias Runge <mrunge at redhat.com>

    Red Hat GmbH, https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.de.redhat.com_&d=DQICAg&c=DS6PUFBBr_KiLo7Sjt3ljp5jaW5k2i9ijVXllEdOozc&r=G0XRJfDQsuBvqa_wpWyDAUlSpeMV4W1qfWqBfctlWwQ&m=czgkClZlG5EKd10fcaL9EJL9HH6sy9i1cWQg_-EV5l8&s=HiIUctBcGN1WC58PVKdrPJ8A_QVJ-Ta9MQgDMFEFqpE&e= , Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
    Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham,
                        Michael O'Neill, Eric Shander