[Openstack-operators] Disable console for an instance

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Thu Oct 27 14:02:30 UTC 2016

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 02:27:48PM +0200, Blair Bethwaite wrote:
:   Looks like this is not currently possible. Does anyone else have an
:   interest in such a feature?
:   I'm thinking about it from the perspective of a public cloud user who
:   wants to build highly secure / sandboxed instances. Having a virtual
:   terminal straight into a guest login prompt, especially one that allows
:   reset of the guest, is not desirable.

don't put a getty on the TTY :)

Of course there's still race conditions where you could get to boot
loader or something.

Snarkless answer: I can imagine a use case for wanting to toggle this
on a per VM basis but don't actually have one myself.

-Jon

:
:   On 13 October 2016 at 04:37, Blair Bethwaite