[Openstack-operators] 2017 Openstack Operators Mid-Cycle Meetups - venue selection etherpads

Matthias Runge mrunge at redhat.com
Thu Oct 27 12:31:00 UTC 2016

On 27/10/16 11:08, Erik McCormick wrote:
> The PTG is for devs to get together and get real work done. We would be
> a distraction from that goal. They will also be attending the forum
> which will run with the summits and will be able to spend more time in
> groups with ops for requirements gathering and such.
>
> -Erik
>

> On Oct 27, 2016 11:05 AM, "Jesse Keating" <omgjlk at us.ibm.com
> <mailto:omgjlk at us.ibm.com>> wrote:
>
>     I may have missed something, but why aren't we meeting at the
>     Project Technical Gathering, which is at the end of February in Atlanta?

>From my experience with OpenStack, feedback from operators have been
invaluable.

You can easily run things in devstack (or all-in-one deployments), but
this is completely different from running in scale. Operators do tell
you, were the pain-points are. Having a dedicated gathering without
involving actual operators/users is not that useful IMO.

Matthias
--
Matthias Runge <mrunge at redhat.com>

Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham,
                    Michael O'Neill, Eric Shander