[Openstack-operators] OPNFV delivered its new Colorado release

Curtis serverascode at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 13:51:32 UTC 2016

Thanks Uli!

Based on the NFV session we had at the recent NYC ops meetup, I think that
some openstack operators aren't sure what NFV is, and maybe don't know
about the OPNFV project. That said, NFV is hard to define because it's a
broad term.

One thing I can say for sure is that many of the requirements that the
telecom industry has for running workloads on openstack clouds are, in
general, similar to requirements many openstack operators have, from
performance, to networking, to monitoring, to managing uptime of the "data
plane" (ie. virtual machines), etc. Ok, so maybe not everyone needs to run
an occasional instance on real time KVM, but otherwise, IMHO, quite similar.

A quick read through the OPNFV project list [1] might show some interesting
work that could be useful to any openstack operator. :)

Thanks,
Curtis.

[1]: https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/PROJ/Full+Project+List