[Openstack-operators] [telemetry][gnocchi] benchmarking gnocchi v3

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Thu Oct 6 19:16:07 UTC 2016

hi folks,

as announced recently, we released Gnocchi v3[1][2]! this marked a major
change in how we process and store data in Gnocchi as we worked on
building a truly open source time-series service.

as we were building it, i've been benchmarking the results and feeding
it back into our development. now that we have a release, i thought i'd
share the results of my last benchmarks in some fancy powerpoint[3]. if
you don't want a backstory to some of the design changes just jump to
slide 15[4] for some comparisons on Gnocchi v2 vs Gnocchi v3.

the slides focus only on the performance aspect of Gnocchi but we added
other stuff as well to improve the flexibility of the service.

feel free to ask me questions on my experience.

[1] https://julien.danjou.info/blog/2016/gnocchi-3.0-release
[2]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-announce/2016-September/001649.html
[3] http://www.slideshare.net/GordonChung/gnocchi-v3