[Openstack-operators] Kilo to Liberty upgrade

Eric Yang eyang at technicacorp.com
Mon Oct 3 18:45:10 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Can anybody please share your experience with upgrading a Kilo environment to Liberty? More specifically I have a Kilo environment deployed and managed under Fuel 7.0, and I am looking for a path to upgrade it to Liberty. I would certainly like to:

-          Keep it under management of the Fuel master;

-          Preserve the previous configuration as much as possible;

-          Find a way to migrate the instances with minimum to no down-time.
I am open to giving up on some of the above criteria if I can upgrade with the least disruption to the instance workloads.

I am also using Ceph underneath Cinder/Swift/Glance, and runs Juniper OpenContrail as a Neutron plugin.

Thanks in advance for any idea/suggestions,
Eric Yang
Senior Solutions Architect

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D1AB68.B3283440]<http://technicacorp.com/>
Technica Corporation
22970 Indian Creek Drive, Suite 500, Dulles, VA 20166
Direct: 703.662.2068
Cell: 703.608.0845

technicacorp.com<http://technicacorp.com/>