[Openstack-operators] [OpenStack-docs] [OpenStack-operators] [docs][upgrades] time to add official docs for upgrading services?

Steve Martinelli s.martinelli at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 12:53:12 UTC 2016

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 11:04 PM, darren chan <dazzachan at yahoo.com.au>
wrote:

> Good timing, I was about to send a follow-up email about this spec.
>
> I agree, this content needs to be more visible, which is why the spec
> proposed to move upgrade notes to the Upgrades chapter in the Operations
> Guide. However, it seems like the general consensus is to keep content in
> project repos because it is more likely to be maintained there.
>
> Considering the Ocata development cycle is pretty short, we've already
> established our docs deliverables, and other projects are still developing
> upgrade notes, would links to the upgrade notes in the Ops Guide suffice in
> the interim? We can then propose and plan a better solution for Pike, such
> as in-tree official guides?
>
> Thoughts?

The project teams will always use the maintenance argument. But I
understand your concern, and in my initial draft to the mailing list i was
going to voice a similar statement. Maybe wait until teams have fleshed out
their various supported upgrade strategies?

> Darren
>

> On Friday, 18 November 2016, 13:33, Lana Brindley <
> openstack at lanabrindley.com> wrote:
>

> Isn't that more or less what this is?
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/394261/

Yup! Thanks for reading my mind docs team :)