[Openstack-operators] Problem in using ide disk_type and virtio network interface

Tomas Vondra vondra at czech-itc.cz
Tue May 31 11:41:15 UTC 2016

shiva m <anjaneya2 at ...> writes:

> Hi,
> I have an image with /dev/sda partitions (IDE disk type) and virtio
network interfaces. I loaded my image on Openstack  with followign command.

> glance image-create --name <image-name> --disk-format qcow2
--container-format bare --property hw_disk_bus=ide --property
hw_vif_model=virtio --is-public True --file <file-path>

> I am able to launch the instane from this image but my network interfaces
are not coming up.

> if I do lspci, I can see network interfaces are of type virtio
>

> Can anyone please help in this regard. Am I missing anything.
>

> Thanks,
> Shiva

Hi Shiva,
when you run `ip link`, does it show the interfaces? If no, the virtio
driver is not loaded. If yes, your distro's network configuration is not set
to turn them on and use DHCP.
Tomas