[Openstack-operators] [OpenStack-Infra] [logging] Announcing openstack-infra/logstash-filters

Darragh Bailey daragh.bailey at gmail.com
Tue May 17 16:10:36 UTC 2016

On 13 May 2016 at 18:12, Jonathan Harker <jesusaurus at hpe.com> wrote:

> The openstack-infra team has put a lot of effort into creating logstash
> filters to parse openstack logs. These filters are primarily used to
> parse service logs from devstack runs, but should work for production
> deployments as well. Yesterday I worked with Clark Boylan to move these
> filters out of puppet and into their own project called
> openstack-infra/logstash-filters to make them easy to reconsume. This
> project has three files in the filters/ directory: an example input
> section, an example output section, and the filters section used to
> index devstack service log data into logstash.openstack.org. Using
> conf.d style logstash configs, you can easily drop these filters into
> your own config while using custom input and output config sections. You
> can see how this is done for logstash.openstack.org using puppet at [1].

Is this intended as a general place for filters that might be of interest
to the community to consume? Or just those that would be used by infra?

Have some written for ansible and vagrant log parsing that might help
people avoid rewriting, as well as rule that drops empty messages.

Been wondering whether there was somewhere to contribute them.

--
Darragh Bailey
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"