[Openstack-operators] Moving from distro packages to containers (or virtualenvs...)
harlowja at fastmail.com
Thu May 12 21:04:26 UTC 2016
Hi there all-ye-operators,
I am investigating how to help move godaddy from rpms to a
container-like solution (virtualenvs, lxc, or docker...) and a set of
questions that comes up is the following (and I would think that some
folks on this mailing list may have some useful insight into the answers):
* Have you done the transition?
* How did the transition go?
* Was/is kolla used or looked into? or something custom?
* How long did it take to do the transition from a package based
solution (with say puppet/chef being used to deploy these packages)?
* Follow-up being how big was the team to do this?
* What was the roll-out strategy to achieve the final container solution?
Any other feedback (and/or questions that I missed)?
More information about the OpenStack-operators