[Openstack-operators] User Survey usage of QEMU (as opposed to KVM) ?

Maish Saidel-Keesing maishsk at maishsk.com
Wed May 11 19:20:06 UTC 2016

Or we could just fix the problem within OpenStack to report the correct
Hypervisor in the first place.

This kind of reminds me of a story.

Someone was trying to drive down a path on his bicycle, but there were
some tacks on the path.
So his wheel kept on getting full of holes. So they thought and thought
of how to overcome the problem.

They built small jet engines into the bike so that they could hover over
the ground, instead of riding over
the tacks.

They were happy because they could now go down the path.

The simple answer should have been - get off the bike and pick up the
tacks - instead of finding ways to
over-engineer the problem

Either show the right thing - or don't show it at all.

My 0.02 Shekels.

Best Regards,
Maish Saidel-Keesing